If you require a copy of your school records or a transcript for a school transfer, a college application, or any other reason, click the appropriate link below to request a copy.
College & Career Room
The College & Career Room is now open to every student during both lunches Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays. Students should enter through the bookkeeping hallway. Laptops will be available, counselors will be available for questions, and college and scholarship info will available.
Upcoming College Visits
College visitation information will be posted here as it comes in! This will most likely be virtual visits this year due to Covid safety measures.
Seminole State College is hosting Information Sessions that will provide students with everything they need to know in order to participate. Each session will last approximately 1 hour and will include a time for questions and answers. Registration is required. The meeting information is at the link below.
- Seminole State College is making a wide variety of college prep resources available at this link:
- Information includes assistance with applications, FAFSA paperwork, and other SSC-related material.
FSU APPLICANTS: Update your SSAR with your first semester grades, then resubmit your SSAR (make sure it is locked!). This is not necessary for UF applicants.
Senior Letter of Recommendation Form
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
A Parent's Guide to Filling Out the FAFSA
The College Essay Guy's Free College Essay Resources
The College Essay Guy's YouTube Channel with Videos on Essay Tips
Self-Reported Student Academic Record (SSAR)
Bright Futures Student Handbook 2020-2021
Check your Bright Futures Status here!
Collegewise's Guide to the Common App
- Each year, the Foundation for Seminole County Public Schools administers a Scholarship program for graduating seniors attending an SCPS High School. This year there are a number of scholarships on offer with varying degrees of award money. While there are general scholarships with a range of criteria, there are also a few that are specific to artists, musicians, students who intend to pursue nursing in college, and students intending to study engineering – among others.
- Resource for finding scholarships and financial aid for college: https://www.goingmerry.com/
- The following is a list of Scholarships available to students as they prepare for college. They are competitive, so don't wait until the last minute!
- Student loan debt has grown significantly over the years, placing more of a financial burden across students nationwide. Students that lack funding to further their higher education are left with higher levels of student debt once they graduate. In order to help students in your area, ComputerScience.org has created a financial aid guide with numerous scholarship opportunities. Check it out here: https://www.computerscience.org/scholarships-overview/
College Admission Resources
Common App Essay Resource: 7 Expert Tips for the Common App Essay
My Career Shines Info (career planning tool)